Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Naming Computers

My Tablet PC has been working overtime and without the benefit of a good name.  In fact, on the network, the name is simply TabletKiosk.  After little to no thought, I asked on FriendFeed, do you name your computer equipment ?


My Tablet PC works hard for me and endures so much from me that it deserves a good name. Now, RFC 1178 has some great naming suggestions but I wanted to walk on the wild side.


I started thinking of the heat generated by this little one, as I poke and scrape across it's screen. Poor fella. Oh, and he's obviously a male because, like the joke says, You need one, but you're not quite sure why.


Actually, this guy withstands hours of work and is touchier about beta software. I try to stay away from loading unnecessary software. After all, even Firefox can crash on this little one (-1*04 times a day).


As names go, I'm leaning toward Liquid Cola. The liquid comes from LCD and cola from the amounts of Soda I consume while using the machine.


What do you think of the name? What are the names of your computers?